If you’re looking for ways to live a greener lifestyle, consider covering your lawn with artificial turf in Manteca. Natural grass may look and smell wonderful, but certain aspects make it potentially harmful to the environment. On the other hand, advancements in synthetic grass manufacturing technology have made it eco-friendly in recent years.
Grass Is Not Always the Greenest Choice
Maintaining a live lawn often involves methods that may not be good for the environment. Below are some of the adverse effects of natural grass:
- Natural lawns waste massive amounts of water every year, which is bad news for water conservation.
- Keeping grass healthy and alive involves the frequent application of toxic substances. Pesticides, weedicides and chemical fertilizers can seep into the soil and contaminate both the ground and the water table.
- Severe pest infestation common in live lawns can disrupt the ecological balance of an area.
- Diseased grass can infect other flora, and spread farther than your backyard.
- Toxic weeds and plants are rampant in natural lawns. Not only can this make your pets ill, but it can also affect other native animals that visit your home.
On top of its potential environmental damage, real grass consumes too many resources. Many homeowners complain about how much work it takes to maintain a beautiful yard. Typical upkeep includes mowing and cutting the grass, watering at the right time, taking measures to protect the lawn against disease, seasonal changes and more.
Replacing grass with artificial grass in Manteca offers an all-in-one solution. The turf may be synthetic, but it can also be the greener choice.
3 Eco-Friendly Benefits of Artificial Grass
Thanks to manufacturing improvements, artificial turf has made a fantastic impact on the environment:
1. Turf conserves water.
According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), more than four billion gallons of water per day is used to irrigate residential yards across America. With so much of the country experiencing drought, there’s no reason to waste this precious resource. In contrast, you never need to water artificial turf. This automatically cuts down both your water consumption and utility bills.
2. Artificial grass eliminates the use of more than a billion pounds of chemical fertilizers and pesticides.
The EPA points to the toxic runoff from fertilizers, weedicides and pesticides as a major cause of water pollution. More than a billion pounds of these toxic substances are used each year in the country. Since artificial turf in Manteca doesn’t require fertilization, it helps reduce water pollution without sacrificing the looks of your yard.
3. Synthetic turf reduces the number of used tires in landfills.
Many sports fields that use artificial turf also integrate crumb rubber infill during installation. This material is primarily made from used tires. This dramatically lowers solid waste generation, raw material misuse and energy consumption. At the same time, crumb rubber infill helps athletic fields offer excellent gameplay.
Artificial turf also reduces noxious fumes from mowers and gardening equipment, yard waste like grass clippings and the overall carbon footprint of backyards. There are now methods to recycle turf, as well as synthetic grass that uses recycled materials. With a lifespan of over 15 years, it takes a very long time before turf ends up in landfills as garbage.
Make a Green Choice with Artificial Grass
Artificial grass allows owners to follow an eco-friendly lifestyle while enjoying a lush, green yard. Call Manteca Artificial Grass at 408-723-4954 today to learn more about artificial grass putting greens in Manteca and other fantastic applications of turf in commercial and residential projects!